We are a small backyard rabbitry located in East Freetown, Massachusetts. We specialize in show quality New Zealand Whites and Mini Rex Castors.
New Zealand Whites
- New Zealand whites are known for thier well-rounded bodies; slender and muscular faces with round cheeks
- New Zealands are a meat producing breed – firm, meaty hindquarters and smaller in the shoulders.
- The ARBA weight standard : New Zealand senior bucks weigh 9-11 pounds; senior does weigh 10-12 pounds
- New Zealand Rabbits have been bred nearly to perfection. They give other breeds very stiff competition the Best In Show award.
Mini Rex – Castor
- Mini Rex were derived from the Rex.
- Small size, plush coat and friendly personalities make them one of the most popular rabbit breeds in the United States.
- They have a medium build, a solid-looking, rounded body with strong legs, a broad head and upright ears.
- They are intelligent and affectionate, very maternal (often mothering other rabbits), and enjoy company.
- Castor – a rich chestnut color tipped with black. The under color is slate blue with an orange intermediate band of color. Ears are laced in black. Surface color of the belly is cream, as well as the eye circles and jowls. Eyes are brown.